Sunday, August 2, 2009

Home For The Weekend

I escaped the Arizona heat last weekend and went home to California for three days. I stayed with my girlfriend Lauren who had a beautiful room fixed up for me at her house. I was very comfortable and had a great view of her lovely backyard garden. Thank you Lauren.

As many of you know, my brother Geoffrey and his wife Bernadette own a dance studio in Covina, CA, called DanceMaker. Every year in July the dancers put on a fabulous show. I caught the last show on Sunday, and as Geoffrey and Bernadette had arranged very comfortable box seats for me, I had lots of room to set up my camera and monopod. I just sat there and clicked away while enjoying the show. I've posted some of the pictures here for you to see.

DanceMaker came on strong and entertained from beginning to end. This years show, as always, was top shelf! They do many skits, lively tap and jazz numbers, beautiful ballets, and of course singing, singing, singing.

Anybody with dancing and entertaining aspirations, come on down and sign up on August 25, 26, & 27. In addition to dance, they have singing and acting classes. They're a real nice bunch and it's the best studio around! Ask them to tell you about the students they've had go on to work in the entertainment industry and on Broadway in NY. DanceMaker has been doing this for over 20 years.

After the show there is always a party to celebrate the success of the dancers. I went for a short while, but had to leave to go home to rest. Just don't have much energy these days, but as I left I could tell everyone was having a good time.

I was sorry to have to leave Monday night. It was a real boost to see my family, cousins, nephews - the whole clan. I also stopped in briefly at Home Depot, but unfortunately I was not feeling well and so couldn't stay see all the people I would have liked to have seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment